Thursday, May 5, 2011

We ARE proud!

From our email today, news from a Bicycle Kitchen all the way out East on the Smith College Campus.

As one our Cooks sez, "Soooo cooooool!!!!!!"

Bikes. A good idea. Read Below and watch the awesome video.

"Hi bicicocina,

My name is Samantha - I came to the Bicycle Kitchen back during bike summer 2005 for the first time, and then when I went back to college me and some friends started a small bike co-op in the basement of our dorm, with weekly bike fixin' workshops. We reclaimed abandoned bikes, fixed them up, and rented them out to students. We called it the Bicycle Kitchen in honor of your spot in LA (even though it wasn't in a kitchen).

Since, they have increased their fleet to 50 bikes and have gotten more attention on campus for what they're doing and increased bike usage. Thought you'd be interested in seeing this video of where they've come since 2005!!

Bike Kitchen on the Move

~Samantha~"

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Angeleno, a cyclist, and a Smithie. I think this video is great! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete